Need a new roof, but not sure when to do it? This is a very common question among homeowners today. Check out the pros and cons below.
- Because most roofing companies are not as busy during this season, homeowners can usually work with their preferred choice of roofing companies.
- You will most likely not have to wait too long to get your roof replacement underway.
- Roof installation is not recommended when temperatures fall below 20 degrees Fahrenheit
- If you live in an area that has very cold winters, take this into consideration when scheduling your roof replacement
- Colder temperatures can affect some roofing contractor tools, such as nail guns and compressors
- Some types of shingles may lose flexibility and resistance as temperatures drop, making them harder to bend and cut straight lines
Note: California temperatures are not generally low enough to cause these types of issues with installation.
- Predictable weather helps ensure that your roof stays dry during installation
- Your cash flow might be a bit better after receiving a tax refund, etc.
- Home improvement experts recommend summer and fall as the best for roof replacements
- Roofing costs are usually higher as it is considered the peak season for roof replacements and repairs
- Since this is the busiest time of year for roofing companies, you may need to wait for an extended amount of time to get your roof completed
There are many factors that come into play in choosing the timing of a new roof installation. First. be sure to work with your preferred roofing contractor to determine the best schedule for both parties. Second, secure a contract with a roofing professional to lock down prices for roofing supplies. Doing both of these will save you more money in the long run.
Fall is typically treated as the golden season for replacing the roof on your home. With ideal weather, roofers can work long hours to get a new roof put on in just a few days. Materials will be installed under perfect weather conditions, ensuring better installation quality, which in-turn improves the longevity of your roof. Keep in mind that as you move closer to winter the emergency roof jobs will be the first to get completed. Making now the ideal time to get a new roof.