Roofs of any house are the first place to encounter the effect of the changing weather and climates. Over time, they develop breakage in them, and this then leads to the problem of water leakage. It is often the leakage through the terrace that causes terrible moistness in the ceilings. In fact, because of these cracks, water gradually seeps in and spreads inside the walls, wrecking the aesthetic appeal and undermining the structural durability of the building. Thus, to protect your home from the dangers of water leakage, roof protection is a must.
We all are aware that roofing problems involve an investment of time and money. That is why, to save you that investment, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 most common causes of roof leaks. So let’s look at them:
- Your chimney is cracked: Often, your chimney may develop cracks due to unprecedented reasons. You may notice breakage along with the mud cap area or mortared area of the chimney. You should also check for gaps around the joints. To fix this, all you need to do is find the source of leakage and replace the missing mortar. Your material should be the same as the standard roofing fixes. If you find any difficulty, feel free to contact our professionals.
- Your Valleys are not adequately sealed: During the construction process, the sealing of the joints may not be nicely done. You can take professional help to fix it by placing a new leak barrier along the valley and shingling overtop.
- Broken or missing shingles: Intense winds and heavy rains can harm or peel off your shingles. You can visually inspect for missing shingles by looking for different hued patches. Once found missing, you can get it quickly fixed by us.
- Age of roof: With passing time, roofing material can deplete. Intense weather conditions and exposure to sunlight can also lead to the decomposition of your roof, making it susceptible for water to leak in. The sooner you get your leaking roof fixed, the better.
- Excess moisture due to clogged gutters: Improper installation or clogging of gutters can lead to water collection. This storage of water allows it to pool and makes leakage more possible.
If you’re in doubt that you have any of these issues with your roof, you should get it repaired right away to prevent further damage to your home. Call Rockin’ Roofers for an examination to fix it today.